Make up expert, Prerna Khullar answers queries of myshaadi Brides
Wish to look gorgeous on your Wedding day? You don't just need a good make-up artist but someone who understands your skin type & complexion really well. No bride wants to look 'caked' with make up on their wedding day, and so we got in touch with professional make up artist Prerna Khullar, who gave our myShaadi brides some tips and answered their make up queries...
1. I am getting married next month & need some help on the kind of make up that would suit me for my D-Day. I have a dusky complexion & slightly uneven skin tone.
Prerna: For a bride with a dusky and an uneven skin tone , the best makeup would be a little coverage with Derma foundation and a base of Airbrush Makeup.
2. What is the ideal colour palette one can use for a Day wedding?
Prerna: For a daytime wedding Matt and light colour pallets would be preferable a hint of bright colour could also add Drama .. Too much sheen on the skin must be avoided .
3. What is the trick to sustain heavy make up on oily skin?
Prerna: The trick to sustain heavy makeup on oily skin is to give a base of Derma foundation and fix it with a Derma Fixing Powder and finish it with a Derma Fixing spray .. The base will last for 48hours.
4. Any trends in Bridal hairdos that you could highlight?
Prerna: Vintage buns and hairdo's and the bangs falling on the forehead would be my favourite for the season.
5. Is air Brush Makeup recommended for all brides? Is it expensive as compared to manual make up?
Prerna: Yes , I would recommend it for all the brides as we can satisfy each one personally by keeping the coverage according to the need of the client . It is definitely more expensive than the manual makeup , the foundations are expensive and maintainence of the machine is very costly .
6. Can makeup cover up under eye tiredness for my wedding day? Is there any treatment or home made remedies that you can recommend?
Prerna: Makeup can definitely conceal the under eye tiredness , some home remedies would be to grate potato and cucumber and leave the mixture over the eyes for about 15 minutes , it will help you relax and will leave your eyes cooler and fresher .
About Prerna Khullar
Initially a commerce graduate, Prerna Khullar has been trained under Dominic Cruz (Los Angeles) and Gorgeous Cosmetics, Australia. She has a natural flair for creating beautiful and creative looks and for deciphering exactly what kind of look will suit an individual. She uses woman’s face as her canvas and works on it with a free spirit.
“Bridal make-up allows me to extend my creativity and attention to detail is well recognised among my clients”.Facebook.